Family Law Attorney
Christopher Mays received his BS from Virginia Tech and JD from the George Washington University Law School. Chris has received various awards for his work as an attorney, including recognition as a “Top Lawyer” by Northern Virginia Magazine. He has lectured at Continuing Legal Education seminars for the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association and local bar associations in Northern Virginia. He has also written for the Journal of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association and co-authored written materials for Virginia CLE (Continuing Legal Education). As an attorney, Chris focuses his practice on representing individuals and families in matters relating to divorce and other family law issues, as well as estate planning and administration. Chris is a member of the Virginia State Bar, Fairfax County Bar Association, Prince William County Bar Association, Alexandria Bar Association, and Virginia Trial Lawyers Association. Chris is admitted to practice before the Virginia Supreme Court and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia and the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. Before beginning his legal practice, Chris served on active duty with the United States Army and as a civilian employee of the Department of Defense.
- 2004 State Bar of Virginia
- 10 Best Attorney for Virginia - American Institute of Family Law Attorneys - 2016
- 10 Best Client Satisfaction Award - American Institute of Family Law Attorneys - 2015
- 10 Best Client Satisfaction Award - American Institute of Family Law Attorneys - 2014
- Top 100 Lawyers - The National Advocates - 2014
- Top Lawyer - Northern Virginia Magazine - 2011