I am the Managing Attorney of Shah & Associate's P.C., a service-oriented firm dedicated to Helping to Protect & Preserve what matters most: Your Family, Your Business & Your Legacy. Our practice on all aspects of Estate Planning, Elder Law & Business Law. My clients range from families to established corporations and limited liability companies, to individual entrepreneurs, and start-up ventures. The people I help value my diverse training and expertise across the business, real estate and wealth-planning disciplines. I use my skill setto foresee and implement business-succession techniques for my corporate & individual clients as they initiate different stages of their business ventures. I strive to provide relevant advice for asset-protection strategies for business & real estate investors so their actions do not jeopardize their family’s wealth. For these reasons, I have been entrusted in a General Counsel capacity for my corporate clients and in a Family Attorney role for individual clients. I live in Monroe Township, NJ with my wife and 2 school age children.
- 2009 State Bar of Pennsylvania (Active)
- 2001 State Bar of New York (Currently Registered)
- 2000 State Bar of New Jersey (Active)
- 10 Best in Client Satisfaction Estate Planning Division - American Institute of Legal Counsel - 2016
- 2017 Future 50 Award Winner - SmartCEO Future 50 Award - 2016
- Best in Wills, Trusts & Estates Law New Jersey - Wealth & Finance International - 2015
- Five Star Professional Financial Services Award Nominee - New Jersey Monthly Magazine - 2015
- 2016 Emerging Growth Award Winner - SmartCEO Future 50 Award - 2015
- Solo/Small Firm Attorney of the Year Award - South Asian Bar Association of NJ - 2015
- Appointment as BusinessDocx Group Advisor - Wealthcounsel - 2014
- Award of Appreciation - Gujarati Samaj of New Jersey - 2002
- Proclamation of City - City of Union City - 2001
- Mediation and Conciliation Skills Completion - Administrative Office of the Courts - 2000
Given the new updates in tax laws that have occurred recently, many people are looking into different strategies that could help benefit them and their loved ones in the future. One common recommendation from accounts and other financial professionals is to consider paying off your home equity loan.
Some people may not anticipate being a caregiver in the future, but that’s something they need to check in with their parents about. Adult children are not always aware that their parents are planning to use them as a caregiver.
Millennials and estate planning sounds like it might not necessarily go together but far too many millennials jump to this conclusion and their family members are left dealing with the aftermath.
If a person already has a trust established with the help of an experienced estate planning attorney, they may be curious about whether a second trust could revoke the terms of the first one.
Tools like wills, trusts, powers of attorney and more can help to articulate the individual decisions and desires you have if something were to happen to you unexpectedly. The right estate planning attorney is an invaluable asset as you navigate these complex processes and articulate a plan that protects you and your loved ones now and well into the future.