Partner and Business Lawyer
Omar A. Lucia is a partner and business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP, practicing general corporate and business law, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions across numerous industries. He is a member of the firm’s Transactional & Securities, Private Equity & Venture Capital and International Practices. Mr. Lucia regularly represents a broad range of clients on domestic and international mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, private equity transactions (including strategic transactions for portfolio companies), financing transactions, and general corporate and contract counseling. Mr. Lucia has also served as outside general counsel for a number of clients, including a multinational public automotive supplier and a domestic food processor.
- 2007 State Bar of Michigan
- Represented Wynnchurch Capital and its affiliate, USP Holdings, Inc. in the acquisition of United States Pipe and Foundry Company, LLC, and Fast Fabricators LLC from Mueller Water Products, Inc. (NYSE: MWA), numerous bolt-on acquisitions, and ultimately, its sale to Forterra Pipe
- Represented a family ownership group in the sale of their aerospace business to a large private equity fund
- Represented a private equity fund in its investment in an international travel marketing company
- Represented a multinational automotive supplier in the sale of its manufacturing operations in Mexico