Go-To-DUI and Criminal Defense Attorney & Partner
Stephen P. Pfeiffer is known locally as the “Go-To-DUI and Criminal Defense Attorney.” Stephen is a partner at Wolcott Rivers Gates, one of the oldest and largest law firms in Virginia Beach. Stephen has been published as a coauthor in the in the nationally recognized “Inside the Minds” series by Aspatore Books on The Legality of Search and Seizure in DUI Cases “A Practitioner’s Everyday Insight Into DWI/DUI Defense in Virginia”. Stephen has an AV® Preeminent Rating – the highest rating available from Martindale-Hubbell, the leading independent attorney rating entity. An AV® Rating signifies that the lawyer has reached the heights of professional excellence. Stephen was selected as a member of the National College of DUI Defense Attorneys and has been recognized as one of the top 100 DUI attorneys in Virginia by the National Advocacy for DUI Defense. Additionally, Stephen is consistently recognized as one of Virginia's Legal Elite by Virginia Business Magazine as well as being selected as a "Rising Star" by Virginia Super Lawyers. Recently Stephen was selected as Top 40 Under 40 Criminal Defense Lawyers for Virginia by the American Society of Legal Advocates. Additionally, Stephen is a founding member of the American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys. Stephen has also recently received recognition from the NACDA as a "Top 10 Under 40" for DUI Defense. Stephen was the American Bar Association's 2007 National Champion in Legal Negotiations and serves as an adjunct professor at Regent University School of Law.
- 2007 State Bar of Virginia
- 2007 U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- 2008 U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- 2010 U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia
- Top 10 Under 40 - National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers - 2016
- Top 40 Under 40 - The American Society For Legal Advocates - 2016
- Super Lawyer - Virginia Super Lawyers - 2016
- Legal Elite - Virginia Business Magazine - 2011 to 2016
- Super Lawyer - Virginia Super Lawyers - 2015
- Top Lawyer - Coastal Virginia Magazine - 2015
- AV Preeminent Rated - Martindale-Hubbell - 2015
- Top 40 Under 40 Criminal Defense Lawyers for Virginia - The American Society of Legal Advocates - 2015
- Rising Star - Virginia Super Lawyers - 2012 to 2014
- Virginia's Legal Elite - Virginia Business Magazine - 2011
- National Champion Legal Negotiations - American Bar Association - 2007
This article will focus on the popular misconception surrounding Standardized Field Sobriety Tests (“SFST”). In Virginia, there are laws that require a driver to provide their identification or to submit to a breath or blood test. But there is no statute that obligates a driver to submit to Standardized Field Sobriety Testing.
This is a simple guide for transport companies and drivers to follow to aid a knowledgeable attorney in defending against Overweight Citations in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Weight, age, & health. Lets talk about it.
Virginia's Go-To-DUI and Criminal Defense Attorney